Muddy Ant (WORM)
Our muddy ant mud kitchen encourages children to get outside & explore the world around them. It comes with:
- WORMERY. Endless hours of fun.
- HAND CRAFTED
- Stunning WORKTOPS that just ooze quality
- Choice of WORKTOPS & COLOURS
- Free delivery
Here it is our gorgeous and perfectly proportioned muddy ant from the WORM range. Our aim with the muddy ant kitchen is to turn your children into explorers/scientists; enthralled, excited and curious about the world around them. When Harry was growing up he/we loved nothing better than hunting in the woods or the garden for worms, bugs or strange looking insects. Once we had gone beyond the initial “that’s disgusting” we had so much fun trying to place bugs under the microscope to see what they were like. Not only was it really interesting, it provided an activity as a family we could do together and it also added extra spice to our day trips because we were always hunting for that new ingredient or insect that we could find and if it wasn’t suitable to bring it home, we would take pictures and see if we could discover later what it was called.
Learning how to build and develop our wormery has been an activity we have done together. Activities are fun, create memories and perhaps spark an interest in the child that may last a lifetime.We have even learned some new words Lumbricus terrestris .
Worms are not included but can be bought online or even better found in the garden. We will include links to great resources that will help you build and develop your own wormery.
So much more than a mud kitchen!
- We have designed a WORMERY to fit perfectly into the back of the mud kitchen. We have had so much fun building ours. Plan how the wormery will be built, what materials you will need, investigate how to look after the worms and off you go. We can’t stop checking ours! The wormery is built using perspex and is easily taken apart to clean and then put back together.
- Find the SECRET word (s)
Discover the SECRET WORD and claim your small but perfectly formed prize
Our aim is to try and create the most exciting childrens products in the world. Hidden somewhere in all of our mud kitchens is a secret word(s). If you can discover the word it would be wonderful if your child felt able to draw a picture write a story or do whatever they enjoy and send the results to us (email). Once received we will send back a small but perfectly formed prize to your child. Read more here.
What you get with your Mud Kitchen
- A WORMERY. Don’t worry its easy to take apart and clean.
- SECRET WORD and a prize to be won with a pen/torch to find your secret message
- Choose between a 1 STAINLESS STEEL BOWL with 2 HOBS or 1 BOWL with more preparation space for those mud creations
- Some WOODEN UTENSILS (We include some simple wooden spoons to get you started. We are trying to move away from plastic utensils)
- A product that OOZES QUALITY. Our mud kitchens are made from locally sourced external pressure treated timber.
- BEAUTIFUL WORKTOPS made from quality locally sourced external pressure treated timber. We use a top quality varnish that seals and protects the wood giving it a beautiful and long lasting finish that really shows of the grain of the wood. Choose between a light or dark stained worktop.
- We use the popular Cuprinol Garden Shades range to add colour to your kitchen and bring it to life. Each kitchen gets 3 coats to protect it and make sure it lives ‘almost forever’. Choose your colour (the popular ones are included in the drop down box)
- FREE DELIVERY mainland UK
Some of the pictures are of the small mud kitchen from the COOK range. The design other than a wormery on the back is exactly the same!
Is your child more interested in food, vegetables, plants , herbs and art, then have a look at our COOK range of mud kitchen
Height of worktop (from floor to worktop): 52cm Overall height: 94cm Length: 65cm Width: 46cm Weight: 16kg (approx)
We can make your mud kitchen to any dimensions you need, just get in touch!
Your bank records will show payment was made to Harry Was 8 Ltd. We named our business after Harry because our lives changed when he turned 8. You can read about our story in the ‘about’ section.
Hope thats as clear as mud ! Anne
Urban Slate, Sea Grass, Beaumont Blue, Forget Me Not, Beach Blue, Sweet Pea, Sweet Sundae
Light Stain, Dark Stain
|Bowl & Hobs||
1 bowl & 2 hobs, 1 bowl & more prep space